So, you got dubbed. You realllllyyyy liked them and they didn’t feel the same way about you. OK. It’s okay. I’m here. I’ve been dumped, ghosted, hurt, all that There’s no “you’ll be okay” “everything happens for a reason” “it’s for the best” … Kindly shut the hell up. . That shit hurts. There’s nothing anybody can tell you to make you feel better, just ignore everyone… this entire post will contradict everything I just said, because this is literally a post to help you get over a break up even though I just said don’t listen to anybody on how to get over a break up. Maybe right now you don’t want to hear it, and that’s okay. Bookmark this until you’re done crying. Since I’ve been there so many times, I feel like I know what I’m talking about and I should share with you how to get over this nonsense. (Again, when you’re ready… don’t let me tell you when to do it.)
- Eat all the food– It’s okay to go to the supermarket in your pajamas and buy all your favorites. Forget watching your weight, you’re hurt. Eat it! There have been studies done about food making your mood better … these scientists know their shit, so if you don’t wanna listen to me listen to them. Ice cream, chips, candy, soda… or hennessy… take yourself to target and the liquor store and go crazy.
- Hang out with your friends and do dumb shit- Go out. Get drunk. Shake your ass. Smoke weed. Get high. See some art. Do hoodrat shit. Being around good company is very important. Surrounding yourself with people who love you can help you heal from the one person who didn’t.
- Fuck boo, fuck- I could’ve sugar coated this, but I won’t. I meant exactly what I said. Fuck. Go have random sex. I’m not going to discourage you from that. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else, (or on top of them)… Simple. One-night stands help. Now im not saying fuck everybody, because that gets messy. But I can’t sit here and be one of those people that tells you, don’t have sex when you’re sad. Fuck boo. You’re hurting, you’re allowed to do this shit, it’s probably the only time its acceptable.
- Treat yo’self– Buy yourself something nice. You’re in pain. Stop being cheap and finally press checkout on your cart in fashion nova. Book that trip. I know you have bills and stuff, but do you want to get over this break up or not? You’ve read this far, so it’s obvious that you do. Trust me. Buy it! Worry later, you’re sad, you deserve something nice.
- Let yourself feel– Ok, we’re going to get really deep for a minute here. You’ve just been hurt. Anything and everything you thought it was, it is not. You’re completely devastated, your chest burns, the tears come out on their own. Please don’t try to be stronger than you are. It’s okay to let yourself feel. You have to let yourself feel. It’s how you understand what happened, it’s how you accept the pain and begin healing. You don’t have to ignore it. Get over it on your own time.
I’ve been hurt a lot. I know what I’m talking about. Trust me, I’m like a licensed therapist for this shit. However, if you find yourself coming back to this blog more than twice a year, you most likely have a different problem and it’s you not them and at that point you’ll probably have to refer to a future post I write about fixing yourself so your dumb ass can stop getting hurt. Listen, getting your heart broken really hurts. And anytime it happens, it doesn’t ever hurt less. My advice won’t FIX your broken heart, but it will make healing from that shit a lot easier and if it doesn’t at least you got some wavy snacks in the fridge and you got some meaningless sex and who doesn’t love that. The point is, yes it hurts but you will heal and at the end of the day, you be iight fam.